Creating the object “Museum”
The first step in creating a virtual museum is to create the basic object – the “Museum”.
To do this, complete the following steps:
- Click on “Create Museum” in the main window.
- In the window that opens, complete the field:
- “Museum name” – enter the name of the museum.
- “Country” – the country in which the museum is located.
- “City” – the city in which the museum is located.
- “Address” – the address of the museum will be where the geographical coordinates of the museum are set.
- “Main language” – select the language from the list for creating the museum if you do not wish to use the default language.
Click on the “Create” button.
The “Create Museum” window will close, and the “Profiles” section of your newly-created museum will open.
- Next, add a description of your museum. To do this, perform the following steps:
- In the “Description” field, enter the information about the museum that you wish to be displayed in the mobile audio guide on the museum’s individual page. This may be the same at that provided on your museum’s website.
- Upload the audio story about the museum. To do this, click the “Choose File” option in “Audio” and, in the dialog box, select the file containing the audio story. If not, skip this step. You can upload the audio later on.
- Click “Save”.
- Upload the photo of the museum:
- Open “Images”.
- Click on “Upload image”.
- In the window that opens, select the file containing the image of the museum.
- Check whether the location specified for the museum is correct. To do this, open “Location” and verify the location of the icon for your museum. If necessary, adjust the position of the museum (move the icon to the right place), then click on “Save”.
This completes the initial settings for the museum. Click on the arrow in order to return to the museum’s main page:
Now, you need to create an exhibit.