The quest. Basic operations to create it.
In this article we consider the basic steps needed to create a quest in the izi.TRAVEL CMS. To find out what a Quest is and what it consists of, read the article “Quest. What is it? “.
By default, the ability to create quests is disabled. If you want to create this type of tour, send a request to izi.TRAVEL support.
Let’s create a small a quest which includes a variety of possible elements:
- quest segments;
- attractions, including hidden;
- route fragments;
- and quiz questions.
We will implement the following scenario:
- The beginning of the quest. At the start point, we show only one attraction to the user. The description of this attraction contains the answer to the quiz question. The correct answer is one of the four options. The next stage of the quest will open when the correct answer is provided.
- The second stage. It contains the fragments of the route to points of interest and the next attraction, and to the attraction itself. This attraction also includes a quiz question. The next stage will open once the correct answer is given to the quiz question.
- The third stage. It contains a route fragment and two attractions. The first attraction in the description contains a hint about the whereabouts of the second attraction. The second attraction is hidden from the user. If the user has found it (entered its trigger zone), this signals that the quest is passed.
To implement this scenario, we need:
- To create the “Tour” object in the “Quest” format and fill in the description for it.
- To create three segments for the tour.
- To create a tourist attraction for each segment.
- To add content to the tourist attraction (description, audio, an image, a quiz question).
- To draw sections of the route for each segment.
- To assign checkpoints for the segments.
- To use a mobile application to check the quest you’ve created.
Creating a “Quest” object
The first step in creating the quest is to create the main object – the “Tour”. This part of the quest...
Creating quest segments
To implement this scenario, we need three segments. The first segment is created automatically, so you just need to create...
Creating the quest’s tourist attractions
The attractions on a Quest tour do not exist on their own, but belong to one or another segment of...
Add materials to the attraction
In this step, you need to add informational materials to the attractions that you’ve created – descriptions, photos, audio stories...
Let’s draw routes for segments of the quest
At this stage you need to draw the route for each segment, except the first. In our scenario, the first...
Assigning and configuring checkpoints
Now let’s assign checkpoints for each segment. A checkpoint is used to display the next segment when one of the...
How to check the validity of your quest
The Quest is a pretty complicated structure, and people often make errors when preparing one. You can use the checking...